My J.Crew catalog came in my mailbox yesterday. I like to flip through the pages and pretend I can afford the clothes. Or I try to put the styles I like in my memory bank so I can pick up similar ones at Target.

I also like to pick out my boyfriend. Back in the past, he was this tow-headed, blonde guy with scruff, blue eyes, and a dashing smile. He was usually laughing in pictures or carrying a canoe. He wasn’t in my issue this time, so he might have moved on.

Or sometimes I pick out clothes that I would like my one-day real boyfriend to wear. Of course, if my real boyfriend shopped J.Crew, it might weird me out that he paid $33 for a ringer tee.

If you buy something from J.Crew, they usually send you the coveted sale catalog. I found a stretch skirt I really like, so I might buy it, even though I hate the fact I don’t get to try on something before I buy it (which is the whole purpose of the catalog). Hmmm…I just realized something. I’m ready to make a commitment to a boyfriend I find in J.Crew, but I’m not sure if I can commit to the skirt.

Note: Back in my days in NC, Brenda and I made some ornaments out of J.Crew models (guys only). They were really cute. Both models and ornaments.


This entry was posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    kelly said...

    I bet if you sold the ornaments you could get enough money to buy something out of the catalogue. I'd buy one!

  1. ... on 10:45 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I'll have to look into that! Maybe I should get ready for a craft fair or something. Good idea!

  3. ... on 1:08 PM