I got to visit with Cody over the holidays. His family is so sweet. I wanted to sit right by him because it was almost like I was star-struck or something or witnessing a miracle. I was completely amazed that he could communicate with me and answer my questions and laugh and smile--and walk!

His family is so glad to be home. They live in a beautiful place. Things are mostly back to normal. His brother is doing his best not to pick on him too much. His dad is back at work. His mother has left her job, and is still going to physical therapy and taking him to radiation treatments at the time of my visit. She's tenacious about seeing him get better and helping him in any way she can. I love her spirit as a mother. He has a great family.

Check out the after and the before pics below.
After:
Me & Cody

Clint, Gerry, Cody, and Pat

Before:
Me & Cody when he was in CCU. (Moustache by his mom)

At MDA with his parents, Gerry and Pat:

Thanks for your prayers. He's improving still everyday.


This entry was posted on Friday, January 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    gL said...

    that's so awesome... thanks for the update!

  1. ... on 2:06 PM