I think my new answer for difficult things in my life will be: “That’s nothing more than a prayer request.” –instead of freaking out. Sometimes I have scenarios in my head of the correct reaction to life events, but the one that plays out doesn’t always fit with the originally planned response.

I forget the power of prayer too often. How amazing that God, the creator of the universe, hears little bitty me’s prayer.

Yesterday, I heard of a radio thing (105.7 has some good stuff to listen to while you drive) about how King Hezekiah laid out a letter on the ground that troubled him and he prayed to God. The radio thing was saying that as an example, we could literally lay our troubles around us, and lift them up to God.

So, if you see me at the altar with a Citicard, Discover card, Bank of America, and HSBC bills, plus a lingering Nelnet loan, and an empty engagement ring box, you’ll know what’s going on. But truthfully, he hears us. He listens to us. God. The big guy. The one and only. Hears our voice. And not only hears, but listens.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    gL said...

    You have had some great spiritual posts lately! Love em!

  1. ... on 12:21 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Aw, geez, Greg, now I'll feel bad when I post about reasons why not to drink soft drinks. ;)

    thanks for the encouragement.

  3. ... on 1:09 PM