As a Christian, sometimes it can be a difficult balance between putting garbage in your brain from the world and the things of God. We know we don't need the garbage, but some of it is so catchy, what could be the harm, right?

Music gets to be a tricky issue. If you only listen to the Christian station, you are constantly inundated with too much keyboard. If you listen to just hip-hop or hard rock, you're constantly inundated with scenarios of relationships you really don't want to be thinking about all the time.

I've tried to come up with a compromise today. Perhaps I'm the new worship song writer of the future. Maybe I can get my friend, Matt, to record this. I think he'll like it.

It's a song about faith. Make sure you sing it as you read it. You'll know the tune.

Well I guess it would be nice
If I could touch your bible, yeah,
I know not everybody
Has got a bible like you

But I can’t just be nice
I gotta give my heart away
And I know it’s no game you play
Because I love you too

Oh but I
Need some time off from bad emotion
Can you pick my heart up off the floor?
And when your love comes down
With complete devotion
Well it takes a strong God baby
Please open up the door

'Cause I gotta have faith...I gotta have faith...faith-de-faith...yeah...I gotta have faaaa-ith...

God made the river
He made the ocean
He made fish and the whole ocean floor
Oh Jesus I reconsider
My foolish notion
Well I need someone to hold me
And I know you’re something more

'Cause I gotta have faith...I gotta have faith...faith-de-faith...yeah...I gotta have faaaa-ith...


:)


This entry was posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Erin said...

    LOVE IT!!!

  1. ... on 2:12 PM