IKEA
A lot of syllables for a small word.

If there was a fire in the store, who could find the exit? Will there be lighting that appears of the floor like in an airplane emergency?

Mismarked prices are frustrating, and there is no way to prove what you saw when you are at the checkout and the price marker is a whole 12 rat mazes away and up a floor.

Whoever invented IKEA is rich, but they must have a few screws loose.

Why do I ever attempt to purchase anything from that store? I know I do not have a degree in Swedish Engineering.

When you order from their cafeteria, is the food already assembled?

IKEA stands for “I Kan’t Even Amagine” how to put this stuff together.

After you get back to you car that’s been baking in the parking lot, you tell yourself, “NEVER AGAIN!” but like a dysfunctional Hollywood romance, there you are again—trying to find bits of promise in a blue warehouse decked out with disposable goods.


This entry was posted on Monday, April 23, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Abby said...

    I like the creative spelling on the IKEA acrosstic (no idea how to spell that word, by the way). I have found the secret to IKEA bliss and I thought I'd share. Only go on weekday nights, the later the better. Don't attempt to buy furniture unless it's the Poang chairs (fabulous, and you can just go straight to them in the warehouse and avoid the show floor). When you walk in, do NOT go up the escalator. Turn left and proceed to the checkouts. Walk through one of said checkouts and proceed directly to the back of the warehouse. Take a right, walk til you almost can't anymore and take another right. This will spit you onto the bottom floor with all accessories, lighting, bedding, etc. This is where you can actually pick things up, unlike upstairs. I'm not sure you are supposed to go backwards liek this, but I do it every time and have yet to be yelled at. I can't do the upstairs portion, it's way too confusing and crowded and if I find anything I like, I just have to find it downstairs anyway.

    Oh yeah, IKEA tip #878... you can look at what they have online and even check online to see if they have what you want in stock at the houston store. Plus, it'll usually tell you where to find it :)

  1. ... on 10:38 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    See, Abby, you're an engineer! :)
    I like it that you can't talk in real life right now, so your blog comment is long. :)

  3. ... on 10:54 AM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    wouldn't that be an acronym?

    I don't like IKEA... too modern for this classic man

  5. ... on 11:27 AM  
  6. Ulovebeth said...

    Abby is correct. I was making an "acrostic" which is a form of poetry torture usually for elementary school students. But if I am stating that "it stands for.." it could actually just be a sarcastic acronym.

  7. ... on 12:10 PM