Around this time of year, I like to dabble in Catholicism. Perhaps I should explain. I don't mean to be disrespectful. The Catholic church usually does a much better job at celebrating and explaining Easter than Protestants, like myself.

One year, I got to dabble in Judaism with a group of Baptist. We had a Passover dinner led by a reformed Jew. It was very educational and symbolic. I will never forget my reaction after consuming bitter herbs. Both hands hit the table at the same time and my eyes got very wide.

Anyway, I really like attending the "Stations of the Cross" service on Good Friday. The first time I went was in Tahoe City, and I enjoyed the reverence of the service and the focus on parts of the journey to the cross. It helped me to ponder these things in my head and my heart.

I always try to sit in the back so no one will notice that I don't go up for communion. I think it's against the law or something for a Protestant to take communion in a Catholic church. I don't know what would happen, but I'm not going to chance it.

Happy Easter!


This entry was posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    gL said...

    That is intresting...

    Correct me anyone with true catholic roots if I am wrong, but you are not supposed to take the communion because you do not believe that the eucharist (elements) are the actual body and actual blood of Christ transformed by the priest.

    Yesterday in Paradigm Afsheen Ziafat taught on what we believe about Christ and he gave us a lot of insight into what the Muslim faith teaches about Christ. Very intresting! BTW he is an awesome teacher, if anyone gets a chance to hear him I highly recommend it. You can check out the HFBC listening series for Easter, he did Wednesday.

    sorry so long but my security word is qeeepp, and for a Monday morning that's funny.

  1. ... on 6:44 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I went to a service called Tenebrae on Friday with Kaleo Church. TLo told me about it. I'm so glad I had read the article I linked so I knew what was going on. :)

    Is Afsheen the guy who came to Metro once upon a time? I think I've heard him speak before.

  3. ... on 7:25 AM  
  4. gL said...

    yes he has spoken at Metro before

  5. ... on 7:53 AM