You know what they say, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

As much as I’ve lived this quote about me being a Texan: “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”—Hamlet
I think I am a Texan. I’m going to the rodeo on Wednesday courtesy of a friend with big-time Houston connections. I’ll be getting free food and drinks and free tickets. Yee-haw! I’m going to the rodeo!

I can picture it now. Sheryl Crow is up on stage. Her voice echos from the mic, “One of my back-up singers has laryngitis…Anybody out there want to help me out?” The spotlight scans the area, and by a miracle, stops on me. I’m like a deer in headlights. Somehow, I make my way to the stage as the crowd parts like the Red Sea before me. Sheryl lends me a hand as I hop on stage. I sing back up and do a fabulous job even though I’m a bit nervous. She gets my e-mail afterwards, and we become fast friends sharing tales of woe about curly hair and Texas-frizz. She offers me some high-end gel samples from her stylist and begs me to stay at her ranch in Austin and bring all my friends anytime I want.

It’s going to be great.

Thanks for the tickets, friend!!


This entry was posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Just promise not to forget me when you become famous!

  1. ... on 3:06 PM  
  2. Aimee said...

    Have fun tonight and don't forget to wear your pink!

  3. ... on 11:13 AM