This morning, I was one of the lucky people who had to go to work. I didn’t want to drive into the med center, because I didn’t want to have to deal with the parking garage. [Do parking garages freeze before roadways?] I got out my trust pink-handled scraper, and scraped the ice off my windshield for the first time in about six years. [I still got the technique!]

I drove to the end of my street to catch a Metro bus. I kept waiting and staring down the street, but I never saw the bus, so I thought I better hike to the other route which is probably about a half mile. I saw the Bellaire bus running the opposite direction, so I knew the buses must be running. I decided to cut through the CVS parking lot to save a few steps, and then I noticed the Bellaire bus I needed sitting at the stop light. So I started running through the parking lot.

Here’s where the miracle happens: The bus driver actually pulled over at least 100 feet before the stop—with me at least 50 feet from him—for me to get on the bus. I couldn’t believe it. I thought maybe the bus was broken or something. But he stopped for me. As I put my bus ticket in, I gushed, “You’re the best bus driver in the whole world!”

Maybe it was a little too much, because the other four people on the 75 passenger bus looked at me weird. Oh well. He is the best bus driver in the whole world. Thank you, God, for my bus driver.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Aimee said...

    Bless your heart! I'm one of the suckers that's at work today and was here all day yesterday, too. I try to make myself feel better by thinking maybe it's because i'm important, but let's face it, i'm just that unlucky :-)

  1. ... on 10:24 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I keep hoping I'm a non-essential employee.

    Why do people have jobs and get paid if they're non-essential?

    And you're important--beyond your job.

  3. ... on 10:29 AM