Well, a $67 haircut, plus a $13.25 product, plus the tip, I’m back from the Galleria. Almost forgot my new “work” outfit from Forth & Towne (big sale-oxymoron) that cost an additional $92. Geez. I better look good. If I’m going to play What Not To Wear, I really need that $5,000 visa card courtesy of TLC, not me.

No wonder I’ve been cutting my own hair (or having my friend cut it for free) for about three years. I tried to pretend I had never heard of such a thing by laughing like, “Ha! Ha! Ha!” as the hairdresser scoffed at her colleagues who attempted to cut their own hair. How ridiculous, right? I’ve never heard of such a thing so horrible…I hope I played it off.

Forth & Towne was a dream experience. It’s the new store that’s the grandmother of the Gap, cousin of Old Navy, and aunt of Banana Republic). Three very excited people greeted me at the door (just like in Pretty Woman after they know she has money to spend). And I even had a stylist and a dressing room and a bottle of water (whoah!), and left with a pair of gray pants and a nice blue collared shirt.

Maybe it was the haircut. I guess with a haircut like this, I’m going to have to take out a loan to support the accessories that go with it. I wonder how much a Land Rover cost (my jeep might need an upgrade)…


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    erin vanv said...

    At least they didn't convince you to buy any product. I felt like I was getting a beating yesterday for having damaged hair at my hair appt. She convinced my to buy anti-freeze milk and leave-in conditioner.

  1. ... on 9:48 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I did buy a product. $13.25 for "Curls Rock" but I didn't buy the gel.

  3. ... on 11:40 AM