Reality television is pretty ridiculous. I miss the days of The Cosby Show and Family Ties. T.V. now has become a freakshow circus.

I am so glad I did not watch much of The Bachelor this season. The main guy on the show was a single dad who was looking for someone so he could have a family again. The game of love and relationships should not be a contest's prize. Marriage takes commitment and love and trust. Cameras cannot capture the status of a heart or a mind. Producers cannot stage the complexities of a human love relationship. Why is anyone shocked that after the cameras leave, these relationships have major issues?

I'm embarrassed that I've watched this show in the past. I'm embarrassed for this generation of American television. Do these women and men not have more self-respect for themselves?

Now that I am off my Bachelor soapbox, I confess that I do still watch The City. I like watching it to check out all the accessories the characters have(aka actors or participants or whatever they are). I was saddened when I found out that MTV has a website already dedicated to everything you see the characters wear, so you can look like them, too. It's like having a website access to the coolest girl in school's shopping list...it takes away some of the mystery of her coolness which seems unfair to her.

Sometimes when I watch The City, I count camera angles and try to guess how many other people are in the room during shooting. Usually there are about three different camera angles. The show is so over-edited that sometimes words come out of the characters mouth and the clip shows no mouth moving.

If I was Whitney Port, I would be afraid someone only wanted to be my friend to promote themselves. I don't know how much money they make, but it wouldn't be worth it.

I read on Wikipedia that one of Whitney's old roomies was a believer. I don't know if Whit is a believer or not. They never show her going to church on the show (or bathing for that matter) but I assume she might have some type of religion or hygiene habits.

I hope one day the slaves of reality television will free themselves to be who God wants them to be and has made them to be, apart from a producers guidance.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: