Sunday birthdays are okay. I really like a Friday birthday. Then, you can parade around all day at work and say, "It's my birthday!" and then, you can have a nice dinner and party.

On a Sunday birthday, things are a bit slower. And Sunday is God's day, so you don't want to steal any of His thunder.

I still think my best birthday parties was at Chuck E. Cheese. As a kid, we had to travel an hour to go to Chuck E. Cheese. There was also a place called Showbiz Pizza Place. Eventually, all Showbiz Pizzas became Chuck E. Cheese (just a little pizza party wiki-info-style for you).

My sister, Traci, was about 18 or 19, and my favorite Polaroids are the ones where you can see that she is obviously wishing that she really wished Chuck E. Cheese had gone out of business. My friends and I had so much fun. I think I got to take Paula, Jenny, and Holli. I remember us all teaming up at the whack-a-mole to get the most tickets. Yes, deviant behavior, but tickets poured out! Fun times.

I always dreamed of having a McDonald's birthday party. Every participant got a Happy Meal (back when they came in a box), but the best part was the McDonald's cake. My friends and I used to buy their birthday cakes for fun in high school. You haven't lived until you've eaten a pure sugar Grimace.

Now, I'm 34. And far from a party at Chuck E. Cheese or McDonald's. I guess now I have to wait to have children of my own, but then I'll have to be the adult in the situation which probably won't be near as fun.


This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Erin said...

    Once again... SO sorry I neglected to tell you happy birthday yesterday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Love you!

  1. ... on 4:23 PM