I'm in Kentucky, and it's winter. The leaves of the trees are just memories. And everything is a bit gray. Winter in states that get lots of snow can look quite pretty and white. Winter doesn't look as nice when it just brings cold and gray.

The best part about winter here is that it helps you really appreciate spring. When spring comes, it's such a new beginning. Pops of color and green really get your attention and bring a new sense of hope.

I don't miss winter here, but I do miss that the sense of renewal aspect. It's kind of ironic that my favorite seasons in Kentucky are spring and fall, and I always wind up only visiting in summer and winter.


This entry was posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Hello! :)

  1. ... on 12:05 PM