The more I try not to eat cookies, the more I want to eat them. First, I blamed my problem on the Girl Scouts. Now, I realize that the problem has something to do with me.

A few weeks ago, my friend, Lydia, brought some peanut butter cookies to our Young Life cookout. They were divine. I had to stop counting how many I was eating. I tried to pretend I was helping the kids out by eating the cookies.

Yesterday, I swore myself off of cookies, and then found a lovely pink one on my computer keyboard as a gift from a co-worker. It's rude not to eat a gift. The pink icing tasted very much like the icing that is on an Easter candy I like.

Last night, I ran two miles at a steady pace to help burn off some of the cookie crumbs that have stuck to my body permanently. After running, I came home and ate a veggie burger which was surprisingly delicious. I decided, maybe, just maybe, I could be a vegetarian.

While sitting and enjoying What About Bob?, I heard a noise from my frig. It was my good friends Ben & Jerry. Their voices were muffled because they were inside the frig, but I think they were yelling, "Help!" So I went to see if I could help them. They needed me to take a spoon and pick out the cookie dough bits from the frozen yogurt, so I did my best. They were so grateful when I ate out every cookie dough bit.

Next time I see them I need to ask them if the cookie dough inside the frozen yogurt is bake-able.


This entry was posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: