I’m living the Titanic movie right now. I just heard a noise very similar to the simulated sound of the water entering into the lower level of the Titanic—like on the movie. Over Thanksgiving, my niece, Christan had us all watch the movie, because it was on t.v., and therefore “cleaned up” a little bit, so my brother let her watch it, so the memory is pretty fresh.

Anyway, the sound of echoing water pouring into the stairwell is surrounding me. I work in a basement. I heard what sounded like a waterfall, and then I found a small lake forming in the back stairwell of our office, so I called the facilities department. Since that time, men have been rushing past my desk. The last group had sandbags. Now, I see a Wet Vac being brought in by a new set of men. I asked one guy if we could needed to evacuate. He said, “No. Just put on your swimsuits!”

Ha. Funny. My work will go on…


This entry was posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: