http://www.elizabethtown.com/.

Elizabethtown, the movie, was pretty good. It’s about a town in Kentucky where my aunt and cousins live (or used to live—they just moved to Bardstown, home of My Old Kentucky Home), so I feel a special connection to it. I really love the soundtrack which plays when you enter the website. I need to breakdown and buy it. But I only buy about one CD a year. And it’s free to listen to on the web.

I’m listening to it today while I finish up work. Maybe I like it, because it takes me back to Bluegrass roots that I didn’t know had sprouted within me. I grew up drinking the same water as Bill Monroe.

I’ll be driving to the E-town area tomorrow to see my family. The plan is to catch a plane to Nashvegas, rent a car, maybe drag Leslee with me, drive two and a half hours, and spend some time with my family. The whole shindig is planned for 2:00 p.m.(EST), and I don’t land in Nashville until 3:30 p.m.(CST). We all kind of had a miscommunication of time this year. That thing kind of happens when you’re the Poster Family for ADD (Our slogan: We don’t SUBTRACT – we A.D.D.!!).

And all this is supposed to happen tomorrow?! How in the world does this Christmas thing just slip up on us? Santa comes like a thief in the night...I wonder...


This entry was posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Daniel said...

    If you remember him, did you know that Dirk (from OCHS) was initially in that movie? Alas, the lad was cut from the final edit.

    Oh, and Hi, by the way; nice to run into you again after... well, okay, so I don't really like dwelling on how long it's been since OCHS, but, still, it's nice to see/read you. Glad to hear you're doing well.

    Best,
    Daniel

  1. ... on 2:59 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Of course I remember Dirk! Didn't we all go out together and eat at Hardee's once in college? I'm not sure if he was a blond and having more fun at that point.

    I have no clue how you found me, but thanks for reading my mumbo jumbo attempt at a blog. It's an addiction that a few friends from Houston led me to.

  3. ... on 4:01 PM  
  4. Daniel said...

    Yeah, we did, the three of us and John S. too. I'm afraid I'd momentarily forgotten that last night when I commented---"the age is in, the wit is out", as it's said, I suppose. Half, anyway. ;) As for Dirk, I think he was still among the brunettes at the time, though now that I think about it, I'm not sure what he's sporting these days; haven't had a chance to catch up with him in person in several years, though we keep in touch online. He recently took on a full time position with the KY Repertory Theatre, and got married not too long ago.

    As for Blogger, no worries, I enjoyed the read; it was cool, too, reading of your trip to Africa. I've heard a lot about the place, as a number of my friends have travelled and volunteered there; one's there, now, actually, teaching in Ghana.

    I hope you don't mind that I looked you up. In some of my work I do r&d on social networking sites, from blog aggregates like blogger, vox and lj to more overtly social sites like orkut or myspace and what-have-you. Mixing the proverbial business with pleasure now and then, I sometimes look up former classmates on a whim, and, as last night, am sometimes pleasantly surprised to find one---and, other times, I'm sometimes bizarrely amused to discover that some of us share our names with some highly unusual characters. Just part of the amusement of the web, I guess. I found your byline particularly apropos, by the way, stumbling across your profile that way and reading, "Can you believe you found me?!"

    Have a great night!

  5. ... on 10:29 PM