I found this on the internet on www.theideadoor.com!
Now, I know, the internet really does have everything!!
My Granny's secret hanger-technique is revealed. If I find my Grandmother Richards' chocolate & biscuits recipe, I'm going to be really weirded out.

Materials Needed:
Two matching wire hangers
Two balls of yarn (remnants work great) in the same or coordinating colors
Scotch tape


Directions:

Using a small piece of scotch tape secure the hangers together in three places - at each elbow and middle top just below the twisted section.


Hold the hangers in place between your knees as you work.


Tape the ends of the yarn down at the start of the hanger hook and place one ball on each side of the hanger.


Make a knot by wrapping the ball under the wire and slipping it back through the loop (see photo.)




Continue making knots alternating sides until all the wire is covered.


Finish off with a tassle if desired.


This is amazing. I am in awe. Who knew that Granny's ancient talent was on the internet? My family is going to flip out.


This entry was posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: