Last night, I got a great treat. My precious friend took me to see Death Cab for Cutie in concert at the Hobby Center. I didn't really put too much thought into my dress, but I wanted to stay warm and look semi-cute. I wore a black sweater from the gap, and later realized I was dressed exactly like the bass player. Nobody else pointed it out.

We had lots of fun. The band was great and mellow and fun to listen to--but the people watching was probably the best. I've lost touch with the semi-alternative world, and don't really know what's cool anymore. Bad dye jobs and streaked hair are cool. And so are pencil jeans and heels. I don't think I can jump on this wagon.

Another super-fabulous part was the opening band, Ok Go. They are famous for their treadmill video (hilarious!!). They didn't bring their treadmills, although I kept insisting they might come down from the ceiling...but they did do a mean clean dance to one of their songs. I can't figure out how to get links on my blog anymore, so make like a first grader, and cut and paste, baby. Perhaps it takes me back to the glory days of syncronized routines at OCHS; regardless, it will make you smile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdbVhBGETQ


This entry was posted on Friday, December 01, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    The Doctor said...

    Would have loved to have seen them too. They are a cool band (DC4C) and I just started listening to them this year. I think I'm a little behind though, as they have a lot of music out there already...

  1. ... on 4:22 PM