For some reason, my favorite phrase to say now is "Geez-Louise."

I just got scared from my co-workers talking mistletoe, and the first thing I said was, "Geez-Louise!"

Who is Louise? And why her first initial "G"? And why do I say her name when I'm freaked out?

I'm driving myself crazy with this. It unconscious and then it's instantly conscious, and them I'm annoyed with me.


This entry was posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Aimee said...

    That's funny! For some reason I say, "dang it Louise"....i wonder where the Louise came from myself.

  1. ... on 8:16 PM  
  2. palomita said...

    I have a handful of phrases that are unconscious then instantly conscious and then I'm annoyed with me! I'd like to say you're in good company...but that maybe isn't the right point to make.

  3. ... on 7:31 AM  
  4. Jimmy, Jennifer, Evelyn June and Arun Bradbury said...

    Do you think she's the same Louise that Kenny Loggins begs to pull him off of his knees? The coincidence seems too much to ignore.

    Get back,
    Jen

  5. ... on 4:01 PM  
  6. Anonymous said...

    Maybe "Geez" is euphemistic slang for taking Jesus' name in vain and "Louise" just happens to rhyme. "Sneeze" is a better fit, but few answer to that moniker.

  7. ... on 8:46 PM