I just drank a cup of Mighty Leaf Tea. That stuff is so amazing. I don't know why I like it so much. It could be because the tea is chunky and smells nice. It's also in a nice silky teabag.

As a child, my impression of hot tea was not favorable, but mainly because of the teabag (what a gross word). A friend of my mother's drank hot tea, and I didn't like the way the teabag looked after it had been used. I remember eyeing it, hoping it wouldn't come near me. I still have a bit of a problem with teabags, even now that I've become a tea lover.

Here are my teabag rules:

1) When drinking a hot tea from a to-go establishment, wait until the tea has brewed, and remove the teabag before drinking. Dispose of the teabag somehow/someway. Whatever you do, don't drink the tea with the tea bag in it! It's like a slug on a string!

2) When drinking hot tea from an in-house establishment, it's perfectly fine to let the tea brew in the small teapot provided. This only applies if you are given a separate tea cup. It's also helpful to leave the teabag in the pot so you can possibly brew a bit more tea with some new hot water.

Maybe now I have just identified myself as a crack-tea-pot of sorts by typing out these rules that once only lived in my head, but I felt I must explain. Maybe there's more people like me with a love/hate relationship with teabags.

Also, this posting has nothing to do with the teabags used yesterday in the Tea-Party Reenactments. From the news footage, most of the bags I saw used were Lipton, which is okay with me.


This entry was posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Candice Truesdale-Cooper said...

    Love your post. We all have rules around the tradition of making tea! I'm sure you MIF it if you take milk at all!

    What is making the slime in my teapot at work if I leave it over the weekend? I notice that green tea gets the slimiest! Could it be the teabag? I don't remember this happening before but even my orange pekoe tea will get slimy sometimes!

    C. Tea. C.

  1. ... on 2:27 PM