Everyone thinks that the kids in their family are funny, but mine really are.

My sister just called and told me that my niece, Emily, was getting ready for a birthday party tonight. Emily came down the stairs and my sister (her mom) said, "Why, Emily, you look nice!"

Emily replied, "I'm looking good, and I'm ready to par-tay!"

My sister is trying to blame this scenario on cable, but Emily was pretty much birthed this way. Emily favors my sister in every way, except personality, and that must come from my gregarious brother-in-law. We've all been quite impressed with her extreme self-confidence and sense of style. I need to hone those skills for V-day.

Tomorrow night, my mirror-pep-talk will be: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and I'm looking good and ready to par-tay!"


This entry was posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: