Sometimes owning a house can seem like a dream. But I've decided, that one day, I will upgrade my life and own a home. But it will be small. Check out these tiny little cutie patootie houses. I love them.

I used to live in a very small, furnished garage apartment. It was a fabulous little place. Sometimes, I kind of felt like a dog in a kennel, but it was a nice, secure spot. My kitchen was my living room was my bedroom was my dining room, but it had just enough room and all I needed.

I have a theory that in the current age of massive house construction, that we'll be downsizing very soon. If you examine history in this country, houses were really large in the mid 1800s. Later, Americans started building smaller homes--probably because if you've ever lived in a monster house, you know that it's not the easiest thing to heat, cool, or clean.

I grew up in a large farmhouse style house. I loved our house. As an adult, I don't have big house envy. If I ever have 2.5 kids, a dog, and a Ken, then I would probably see the benenfits of a larger home. Nonetheless, my message today is for you to think about not just going green, but maybe going small.

(And selfishly and very un-green of me, I would love to have one of these tiny houses for a vaca house!)


This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Erin said...

    I agree! This is one reason Troy and I are remodeling our kitchen - to stay in our "small" condo even through at least 1 kid. We'll see where we end up with more than 1, but in the meantime we are making home where we are.

    PS - this is NOT a pregnancy announcement!

  1. ... on 5:13 PM