This morning on the elevator a man tried to make small talk with me.

"It's windy out there," he said.

"Yes, it is," I said, and then added, "but it's beautiful."

He said, "I just got back from Kentucky. It was 22 degrees in Lexington."

I said, "I'm from Kentucky. I'm going to Louisville tomorrow. Oh me. That's cold."

Even when you try to avoid it, the cold weather report will get you--even on the elevator. Because of this news, I tried on various North Face jackets at REI. Sometimes I can find great winter gear buys here, because no one buys any of the cold weather merch to wear it for two weeks. The jackets were all still close to $100, so I'll go home uncool in the outdoor gear world, but be physically cooler.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: