Have I crammed too much into my schedule again? Today I said no to two activities. I’ve heard of people that had “yes” months in which if they were invited on an activity (usually a date), no matter whom the person, they would say yes. I think that is a good way to practice having near-death experiences (especially for bus riders and singles group church attenders).

I decided to make April “The Month of No.” That means, I’m not going to any baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, or extra group activities. It’s not that these things are bad to be invited to, it’s actually quite an honor, but I’ve been so overloaded, I’m exhausted. When I am exhausted, my normally easy-going personality can either become witchy or weepy. No wonder the Hollywood circuit has to go on drugs to attend all their parties! I’m not into those substances, so I’ll have to just practice saying no.

And, Mr. Wonderful, if you are reading this, I’m sorry, I cannot go on a date with you during the month of April. So, put our date money in a savings account to earn interest, because by May, I’ll need a seriously good date which includes dinner (somewhere which requires reservations) and a movie.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: