"Like Katrina with no FEMA.
Like Martin with no Gina."


I bought a NOW Music 27 CD, and that's one of the lyrics I’ve learned in my musi-cation of current music.

The more you hang with teenagers, the more you realize how much you’ve changed since that age, but at the same time, how very much the same you still are. It’s a bizarre feeling.

My favorite songs on my CD are “No One” by Alicia Keys (even if I can’t hit the keys with her), “Clumsy” by Fergie, “Love Song” by Sara Barielles, and “Love Like This” by Natasha Bedingfield.

The best compliment was when one of my Young Life kids wanted to borrow my CD to burn it. I think I moved up on the music cool scale by getting that CD and liking it. They never mentioned that when I played them my ipod tunes with “Brown-Eyed Girl” and the Carpenters.

I made a grill for my teeth on Wednesday night at Young Life out of aluminum foil. I've kind of been missing it. The kids liked it. I might wear it this weekend around town. It's comforting like my retainer, but so much cooler.


This entry was posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    AyDubb said...

    Oooh! Does yours have the fangs? Does it blind others if they look directly at it? Can I have your design? I have wanted to make a set, put on some too-big pants (sagging of course), and show my students how ridiculous it looks. Of course, teacher may look more ridiculous than they do!

  1. ... on 11:01 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Maybe I could start a company, "Grillz By WhiteChick."
    or "Grillz with Cheeze."

    :)

    this could be fun! You could be on my creative design team.

  3. ... on 3:22 PM