I journeyed out to Katy Mills a few weeks ago and journeyed into the J.Crew Outlet store. I like to pretend I’m long and lean and fresh faced like a J.Crew girl and that I have a boyfriend with a 5:00 mountain-time shadow, and he loves the red cashmere muffler I bought him with matching mittens. Although he hates getting the splinters out of the weave after he carries in firewood into the cabin where we’re staying for a holiday with our entire group of friends and family. Ahhhh…J.Crew dreams…

Anyway.

I bought a pair of jeans and a long sleeved tee. The tee looked navy in the store. When I brought it home, it became black. I did the test where I put it next to other black items, and it was black. Now in my florescent office, it’s once again navy and paired with black pumps and a black belt. All I can come up with is that this shirt is a hybrid. It’s gotta be the color blavy. I still like it. I feet mysterious with absence of all color and nautical all at the same time.


This entry was posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Laurie said...

    Wait...I thought that was MY J.Crew dream?!?

  1. ... on 2:04 PM  
  2. gL said...

    just an FYI ladies... ruggedly handsome men with 5 days of growth don't like red mufflers... it's to froofru

  3. ... on 3:07 PM  
  4. Ulovebeth said...

    In J.Crew world, they were the clothes we pick out for them. That's why it's a fantasy. And that's why they look soooo good. ;) That, and the fact they use Crest White Strips, the BoFlex, or have really good photoshopping editors.

  5. ... on 5:26 PM  
  6. Ulovebeth said...

    sorry for the typo. Meant "wear."

  7. ... on 5:27 PM  
  8. gL said...

    Do you really want to have to dress us?

  9. ... on 8:20 AM  
  10. Ulovebeth said...

    Did Ken complain?
    I think not.

    If you know more about style than us, it gets a little intimidating--and scary.

  11. ... on 8:32 AM