I got the hiccups at work again. I announced it to my co-worker on the other side of my cube area.

Co-Worker: “Hold you breath and smile.”

Never tried that one—so, I held my breath and smiled--which is an odd thing to do.

Co-Worker yelling over cube wall: “You have to force it.”

So, I smiled more. My co-worker came around to my side.

Co-Worker: “You smile when you hold your breath? What are you doing?”

Me: “I’m holding my breath and smiling.”

Co-Worker: “I said, ‘Hold your breath and SWALLOW.”

Believe it or not, the hiccups went away. I think I’m totally on to something here.


This entry was posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    My 15 yr old daughter has had hiccups for 3 weeks now. They are very loud and heavy. She sounds like she is yelling something out everytime she hiccups. They stop only when she sleeps. She had blood work and x-rays but these were clear nothing bad. I am at loss as to what to do. We have tried everything, and I mean every home remedy every dr. remedy.. my daughter has now been asked by the school to stay home and we pick up her work from school for her. Her hiccuping is so loud it is sometimes ear piercing. Anyone have any suggestions?

  1. ... on 1:21 PM