Back in January 2006, I was working out semi-regularly. I was preparing to have ACL surgery in March of ‘06, and I was kind of freaked out by it, so I compensated by trying to get in really good shape before the surgery, so I would recover faster.

I had in my head that I didn’t want to run long distances…I just wanted to be fast. Perhaps it was my fascination with Flo Jo as a child, but I don’t really like to run for long distances because it’s just too tiring and makes me want to stop and pass out. My face gets really red and I get sweaty, and it’s just not pretty. I worked my time down to running one mile on the treadmill in 8:22. Not too shabby, but nothing compared to what even the worst high school track teams members perform.

My goal this year is to run a 7:30 mile. Last night, I plopped myself on the trusty old treadmill at the Y, and came out with an 8:58 time. I have some work to do.

I found this on the net on wikianswers:
Question
What is the average time it takes to run a mile?
Answer
After a major study in a group of 125,000 humans, the average mean time was approx. 10:07:79.

So, I guess I can run a mile faster than the average bear, but the other question is…who made up the test group?


This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: