I am a huge proponent of non-traditional Thanksgivings. Today at work, I just had Chuy’s for our office Thanksgiving meal. It was fabulous. The creamy jalapeno was flowing. The fajitas were tasty. We were blessed.

Next week, I will trudge through the turkey. I will avoid the canned cranberry sauce and all of its seeping juices that try to stain my food. I will snub my nose up at deviled eggs. The pecan pie can dry up and grow some trees for all I care.

So, basically, I’ll eat some green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and some dinner rolls.

But perhaps this is God’s way of teaching me that life is not always about the food. (I know! Can you believe it?!) I will be very thankful for my company, thankful for the Lord’s provision, and so humbled and honored to be loved by Him.

…And I might pray to one day convince my family to plan a non-traditional meal. Doesn’t lasagna for Thanksgiving sound tasty? And really, who knows how to cook a turkey anyway?


This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Alyssa said...

    ummm, deviled eggs for thanksgiving?

  1. ... on 10:16 PM  
  2. Abby said...

    a) I agree with Alyssa

    b) the reason there is SO MUCH food @ thanksgiving is because noboby likes everything. I too dislike cranberry sauce, but I LOVE pecan pie. As far as green beans go, my family doesn't even serve them! (which make me happy) So I get the fruit salad instead MMMmmmmmm!

  3. ... on 7:14 AM