Last year, I dressed as a barista to work. I wore the apron and everything. It was my first Halloween in my office, and I was led to believe that everyone would be dressed up. Nope. Just me.

This year, my friend, Karen, bought us all festive headbands. Mine has a bat. I also got to wear my skull tights that I only wear once a year. I couldn't find my tiara, so I couldn't be a beauty pageant winner--even though I had an awesome "diamond" necklace. And I thought about being the wife of Willie Wonka, but I didn't have time to stop and pick up a ringpop. So, I am the Bridesmaid of Frankenstein wearing a black lace dress and my skull tights and Avril Lavigne old-school eyeliner.

Tonight, I'm going to another costume party, and I'm really excited. I went to one several years ago that was HUGE. It was a tad bit overwhelming, and many of the costumes were a tad bit overwhelming to my comfort zone. This one is with a bunch of good friends and some semi-good friends that I hope I'll get to be better friends with tonight.

...and my costume...I just can't say it. It's nothing too over-the-top or secretive, but I have this thing about the element of surprise. I even shy away from when friends ask me what I'm going to wear on a day-to-day basis. Because then, I'll either have my outfit idea shot down before I've even given it a test drive, or they'll show up wearing the same thing, and I'll look unoriginal.

I don't plan on being super original tonight, but I just can't spill it on the internet yet. Sorry.


This entry was posted on Friday, October 30, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: