I've been in a soup mood lately. It could be the chill in the air that makes me want to warm my tummy with soup.

I bought some boxed soups (my co-worker said that should be in the same category as boxed wine), and I'm trying to figure out if they are a good thing or not. Today at work I heated up one of them, and it looked a bit neon but tasted okay.

My other alternative is making my own soup. It's a rather consuming task making your own soup. My kitchen seems to transform from semi-clean to disaster zone with each added ingredient.

I made a nice butternut squash bisque a couple of weeks ago, and then ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next few days--which is one downfall with making soup as a single lady--it multiples itself in the pot and you get too much!

Last week, I bought a small pumpkin in hopes of making pumpkin bisque. So far, that little pumpkin is still sitting pretty in my kitchen, and hasn't been sacrificed for the soup yet.

If you have a good pumpkin bisque recipe or other soupy ideas, please feel free to share!


This entry was posted on Friday, October 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: