I took little Mickey to the vet today. Let's just say she had some digestive issues beginning at 2 a.m. I am still alive because of coffee right now. We took a trip to the vet this morning, because neither Mickey nor I could survive another 2 a.m. digestive issue wake-up call.

I brought a "sample" in from this morning, because that's what the internet said to do. The vet said, "I only need a bit." ...but I had brought the whole baggie.

The vet loaded her up with some pills, a shot, and a medicine-filled syringe down the mouth. His nurse explained to me how to give the pills. She said that they tasted bad--even to humans. The other assistant looked at me and said, "What's wrong?"

I said, "Oh, is the dog doing something?"

He said, "No, you're making a face."

Sometimes I am a bit too expressive. I paused and suddenly realized, that indeed, I did have a look of horror upon my face. But I suppose I was just picturing trying to give her a pill every day.

The check-out lady at the vet re-explained the medicine and the special food. She said, "Make sure your wrap the pill in turkey or something."

Another customer with a great hick accent said, "I jes' put sum peeenut butter on 'et an 'et goes rite down!"

The check-out lady said, "Well, I'm not sure about peanut butter, because they need to swallow it..."

The customer again insisted, "Oh no! They can swallow that peeenut butter! It goes rite down."

I politely said, "Thanks so much for the tip." This lady wasn't giving up on her indoctrination of peanut butter pill swallowing for pets.

So, we'll see what method I can come up with. If all else fails, I'll stick it in the blender and sprinkle it on the food.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: