I have now been a dog owner for about three and a half weeks. It's been fun (and a challenge at times) getting to know my dog (and myself) better. I've learned a lot in just this short time! Because I'm List Queen, let me express my thoughts today in a list.

Observations about Mickey the Dog:
1) Mickey is a happy dog.
2) Mickey has no concerns of strangling herself on the leash when she sees the following: another dog, another person, or a bird.
3) I still have no idea what kind of dog Mickey is, and probably need to stop trying to put her into a "breed box" of sorts.
4) Mickey only likes to play with the toys that have been recently touched by a human.
5) When visiting other peoples houses, Mickey may forget she is potty trained and decide to dump a load off on the fancy rug.
6) When eating at the table, Mickey likes to pace around making sad faces.
7) Her favorite toy is now the donkey what is missing stuffing and a head.
8) Mickey doesn't do so well with agressive dogs since she's a bit of a wimpy dog. She prefers happy chasing, not attack chasing.
9) Mickey has moments of leash walking greatness that are followed by leash walking disasters.
10) Mickey is smart, but has selective hearing.

All in all, she's a great dog. She's not a barker which is something that saves my nerves. I only heard her bark once this whole week and that was a half-bark at the vaccuum cleaner.

If you don't mind being covered in dog hair and kisses, come by and visit us!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: