I made myself laugh today as I was trying to tell myself to be content. I started saying the word "content" kind of like Napoleon would say "RETREAT!" if he had spoken English. I was thinking about the verse where Paul says that he's learned to be content in all situations.

I have had some minor annoyances happen this week, in the midst of several people around me having some pretty serious things going on. I feel petty being frustrated with these things, and I'm comforted knowing that God wants me to take all things to him--even the little ones.


While I live today...

I will be content with my fungified toenail.
I will be content with a dog that doesn't walk well on a leash.
I will be content with spilling my lunch on my pants.
I will be content with a dead cell phone.
I will be content with a randomly swollen knee.
I'll be content no matter what the circumstance.


This entry was posted on Thursday, September 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: