I got a new camera. And I love it. I wanted to buy an SLR, but then realized that with my old SLR, I never bought additional lenses, so I decided on SLR-wannabe (and much less expensive) Canon Powershot. It has functions that an SLR has, but the pictures don't snap quit as quickly as an SLR, but it's still a great camera.

When I purchased my old SLR about 11 years ago, I started taking lots and LOTS of pictures of my nieces and nephews. I loved the way the pictures looked so sharp. And because I lived away from my precious nieces and nephews, the pictures were great to have as a souvenir. I quickly became the official photographer of the family.

When the digital age came to town, I felt a bit lost. I missed film. My once awesome camera had lost its mystique.

I saw my friend, Leslee, make the transition. She made the transition so well, that she's now a professional photographer!

I was blessed this past weekend with getting to see my nieces and nephews who are now all growing up, and I was also blessed with seeing Leslee who helped me figure out some cool functions on my new camera and helped me edit a great pic of my precious ones.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: