Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

Maybe I'm being considered right now. I wouldn't want to measure myself against Job by his uprightness or the torment he went through, but right now, I'm having some discomforts in life--those little annoyances that throw the game of Life off by a hair making everything feel weird.

Warning: Whine Session about to occur...

About a two months ago, I figured out I had a toe fungus (gross, yes). So, I started taking Lamisil. Then, a week or so ago, I got really achey and had a swollen knee. My mom has arthritis, so any type of aching or swelling gets me a little bit anxious.

With the help of Dr. Google, I believe I'm having a side effect from the Lamisil, so now I am going herbal. My sister told me about an anti-fungal diet which should be more correctly pronouced "anti - fun - gal," because this gal is no fun on this diet! I am not a veggie eater--or a big meat eater. I'm more into the French connection of bread and cheese and flavored teas. I'm going to try it for 10 days and see what happens. I'm hoping my toe will be able to be seen at the market again without frightening other customers.

On Tuesday, I walked out to my car with Mickey the Dog and found my car smooshed in the back. No one left a note or even a smoke signal. So, now I'm in a rental getting $1600 worth of damage repaired on my car. My deductible is $250, so that's not too bad.

Somehow this morning, I woke up with red eyes. I'm hoping it's from Mickey's hair getting in my eye and not from pink eye.

Fun times, people. Fun times.

A note about my whining:
Even as I write out my whines, I am humbled. I just spoke with a friend whose child just had one of multiple surgeries to help him to walk. My whines seem silly now. God, thanks for loving me, whines and all. I'll try to be less of a whiner and more of a thankfuller.


This entry was posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Erin said...

    Sorry you're having tough times. I love you, sweet friend!

    On a lighter note, my word verification is "the ex pit" (all one word though). At least you're not there! Talk about awful! ;-)

  1. ... on 12:36 PM