My sister told me a funny story today. She said that someone she knew prefaced the story told to her by saying that it wasn't a redneck thing...I guess it's a matter of opinion or location.

My sister's friend said, "Oh, I was in the most beautiful wedding. The bridesmaids and groomsmen all rode in on four-wheelers!"

My sister said, "I hate to ask...but what about the bride?"

"Oh, she came in on a tractor! It was a John Deere and shined up real nice. She was in a bucket on the back."

Then my sister asked, "Well, wasn't your dress short? How did you ride the four-wheeler?"

She replied, "The ladies rode side-saddle, and the guys drove."

This settles it. If I ever get married, I must get married in Kentucky so I can have four-wheelers in my wedding. I bet for the cost of a fancy hotel reception in Houston, I could afford to buy brand new shiny four-wheelers.

Weddings are all about budgeting for what you really want. And expressing yourself.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: