I went to an event the other night and participated in a mixer. The goal was to obtain signatures of other people that matched listed statements. There was hustling and bustling, and I got everything signed except for four statements. We used to play that game at showers and other events when I was a kid, so I've had prior training in this event and can be a slight bit tenacious without even trying.

After time was called, we had to keep our hand up to show how many questions we got answered right. I kept my hand up, and didn't realize that I was the only one with my hand still up, and I had won the game! For my amazing act of obtaining enough signatures, I received a gift card for Escalante's.

I like winning things. It's a neat feeling to realize that you've achieved something and received a prize. The prize could be a pen or a certificate or anything, and for that moment in time, you feel excitement and amazement and honor all at once--like you're literally beaming.

Maybe that's why we all love to watch The Miss America pageant (I've given up on Miss USA now) or the Olympics. We love to see people beam from the energy and excitement of winning.

On the flip side, I've been a loser, too. We've all been. But I hope somehow in life, God arranges for all of us to have that moment in time to be a winner.


This entry was posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: