Last night as I trudged away on the treadmill at the Y, I noticed some attractive members of the male species (who appeared to be wedding ring free) trudging along with me. That made me then take notice of my attire. I usually wear a mismatched combo of tank plus shorts plus socks. 75% of the time, my socks aren't even the same color. I go pretty much make-up free to the gym, and wear my hair all back in a ponytail. And as I work out, I get really sweaty and my hair gets a halo of frizz. Because of all these strikes against my beauty quotient, I've never thought of the gym as a place to meet anyone.
 
I noticed other girls in the gym that had matching clothes that were even matching brands, and I was a bit jealous. I have a tough enough time trying to find appropriate outfits for work and going out, I don't think I can keep up with the pressure of looking cute in the gym, too. The gym has been an outlet just to exercise. But now, if cute guys are in my gym, then maybe I'm missing an arena of people-meeting all because I refuse to match my clothes and my socks that match got eaten by the dryer monster.


With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.


This entry was posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    AyDubb said...

    Beth, I've noticed that as well. Look at it this way, if he comes up and asks, "Your treadmill or mine?" when you've got your mismatched outfit on with your red halo and sweaty disposition, then yu'll know it's true love! :-)

  1. ... on 9:15 AM