Change doesn't happen unless you change something. Wise words, eh? Those words sound simple, but are very difficult to let seep into the crevices of the brain. As a human, I usual want immediate change without making any sacrifice.
 
I've decided that I am making myself not eat with my normal dinner date. My dinner date just might be your nightly dinner date, too. He's always there to keep me company with pleasant conversation, but he causes me to eat more than I would if I ate meals in my dining room, and not with him. He goes by the initials "T.V."
 
I've read countless articles about how it's easier to consume thoughtless amounts of food by eating in front of the T.V., but I still do it. On real dates, it can be an issue if the restaurant has a t.v., because I wind up focused on the T.V. and not the person in front of me.
 
This is going to be an experiment. I declare from this moment forward until August 5 (hey, I have to start somewhere!) to be "No T.V. Watching While Eating Week!"  Join me, if you dare.


Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: