I have a green shirt on today. And, as usual, when I wear green, I got the compliment, 'Oh! That color looks so nice on you! It looks great with your hair! You should wear it more often.'
 
Normally, after I receive the compliment and reply, 'thank you,' I try to figure out if I should put the advice into practice. When I wear green, sometimes I feel a little leprechaun-ish because of my red hair. Sometimes if I'm really quiet on the days I wear green, I swear I can hear the Irish Spring soap theme whistling in the wind. And I can't get the phrase, 'Clean as a whist-schle!' out of my head.
 
If I wore green everyday, it might be similar to the effect that Christmas everyday had in Whoville. Then I might have more added to my traditional description label: 'You know Beth? Red hair? Wears green everyday?'
 
I like green, but I like purple, navy, and black, too. I've made an executive personal wardrobe decision to keep my green wardrobe percentage down to about 10%.


Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!


This entry was posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Laurie said...

    The green shirt/red hair combo is nice. One guy whistled at me last week when I wore it. Another guy told me I was smokin'. And then there was the comment that I looked like Christmas. Sigh. You can't win all the time.

  1. ... on 2:48 PM