I saw this article on yahoo today from the Wallstreet Journal.
 
I actually saw this family about two weeks ago driving on Bellaire. Who knew? Now they're famous! Well, maybe for about 15 minutes.
 
I've thought about electric cars, but if I had one, how would I plug it in to my apartment's electricity? Or could I just sit at Starbucks every mornings and let it charge up while I sipped a macchiato?


Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!


This entry was posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Daniel said...

    If you're looking for an electric, you could always go for a Tesla Roadster. :) The 2008 is 100% electric, can do 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds and gets the equivalent of 256 miles-per-gallon, working out to something like 2¢ a mile at current energy costs; it comes with its own charging converter kit for charging up from a home-based outlet (and another, portable, trunk pack charger can be bought if you want to be able to recharge along the road for longer trips, etc.; it gets something like 220 miles from a full charge). Plus it looks pretty nice---esp. for an electric car!

    They're currently taking reservations for the 2009. There's a bit of a downside, of course: the $110k price tag (for the barebones base price). Ouch.

  1. ... on 3:23 PM