Today, I found my name in someone’s else blog with a request to complete this. It was like finding a prize egg—or a nickel with my name on it!

Rules for the game:
1. Put these rules at the beginning of your post.
2. Answer each question (see below) in your post.
3. Tag five people at the end.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was shoveling snow in the mornings in Tahoe City, CA and working with the A+ Program which was an afterschool program for students at a church. I lived with Miss Paige and Miss Ashley. They cut Campbell’s soup labels all day (to trade for a van), and I worked with the 4/5 year olds. The tales you can tell when you work with that age are priceless.

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Invest wisely.
2. Tithe it.
3. Help all my family start their own businesses.
4. Start a non-profit for widows and orphans (I might do this without becoming a billionaire).
5. Build a Christian camp/retreat center in my hometown.
(and also get a puppy)

Five jobs that I have had:
1.Quality Assurance person at Premium Allied Tool & Die (checked for bent parts and leftover tumbling materials)
2. Afterschool care worker (Bowling Green and Tahoe)
3. Camp Counselor
4. Adult Literacy Tutor
5. Teacher

Three of my habits:
1. Floss my teeth at night.
2. Read my e-mail immediately and obsessively.
3. Read fashion and fitness magazines obsessively.

Five places I have lived:
1. Dundee, KY
2. Rochester, NY
3. Tahoe City, CA
4. Asheville, NC
5. Houston, TX

Five people I want to get to know better:
Carissa
Laurie
The Traveler (yes, this is a girly thing to do, so you can pass it to your honey If you prefer, but I'm sure your answers would be interesting, too)
Alyssa
Abby

Who else reads my blog? Anyone? Anyone? Brandi?

In other personal ponderings...

Today, I'm wearing a blouse that I'm scared might be a maternity top. The label says, "Love Squared." Definitely sounds like a mommy and me brand. Who can tell these days with the empire waist craze? I told my current co-workers that if anybody asks if I'm leaving this job because I'm preggers, I'm burning this shirt.

I was walking in the hall to lunch, and the man from the credit union who has never spoken to me before said, "Cute top!".

Statements like that from straight men weird out women. Maybe God was using him to encourage me to not burn this top.


This entry was posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Nancy Mon said...

    I read your blog.

  1. ... on 2:39 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I read yours, too. :)

    ...and I admit that before I read the content, I scan it for the Nordstrom gift card drawing.

  3. ... on 3:45 PM  
  4. The Traveler said...

    Mad props for using the word "preggers"... one of my personal favorite "slang" words.

  5. ... on 7:37 AM