I went to D.C. last weekend, and had such a great visit with Brenda, and got to see Yee Peng and Tim's new baby, Emelyn.

It had been three years since I had seen Brenda, and she is still just as fabulous as ever. I learn so much from her and love that she always introduces me to cool music, media, and styling products.

On this visit, we went to a concert with Ari Hest, who is absolutely talented (and handsome--whoah). And then we also heard Ingrid Michaelson. I kept thinking she sounded familiar as she sang. She was so funny and quick witted and smart, she reminded me a bit of my friend, Laurie (who also sports similar glasses). And it's like Ingrid has suddenly been thrown into rockstar mode, and it's a breath of fresh air, from normally over serious musicians. She was real, honest, and I enjoyed the show, and she did finally sing some songs instead of making us laugh.

Seeing Yee Peng and Tim was a special blessing. Their wee one was just born April 16th. It was so neat to see them in the role of being new parents; honestly, it was quite beautiful to see (in spite of the fact Yee Peng wouldn't let me take pictures of her). I got to act like the baby paparazzi for a bit. It was quite fun.

I loved seeing D.C. in the spring. Here's more pics of the adventure.

The lovely and talented and hilarious, Ingrid Michaelson.

The tulips were amazing!


Brenda my frienda.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Laurie said...

    Did I just get a blog shout-out?!?!

  1. ... on 4:32 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    If the kilobyte fits...wear it. :)

    I was going to link to QQ, but thought that might be a bit of overkill. I kept picturing you as a rockstar. So now, I see you in my brain as a CNN correspondent/rockstar. It's quite lovely.

  3. ... on 9:50 PM  
  4. Me said...

    I totally lost track of YeePeng and had no idea she had even gotten married! Yay for updates and pics from Beth!

  5. ... on 10:26 AM