I declare this Valentine's week, the week of PEOPLE I LOVE.

To start off the week, I love my niece, Christan.


I have four nieces and two nephews. Christan was the first grandchild in my family. She is a senior this year, and I'm so proud of her. She loves God, and has done a great job of surviving as a PK. This past fall, she got her first real job as a hostess at a small restaurant, so she's made some real, cold hard cash to help pay for some of her senior year stuff. She's also at the top of her class and is fighting hard to stay in the top ten. She loves to laugh, loves to tell stories, and she's lots of fun to be around. Even though sometimes Katie, David, and Jonathan may disagree on bad days, from what I've seen, she's a great big sister, too.

What is scary, is that sometimes when I'm around her, it's really bizarre because she talks a lot like me. Especially when I hear her say, "You know?". I think I say that, too.

It's been kind of nice that Christan has only grown to about 5'1", because then I can pretend she's younger than what she is. So, I just pretend she's an advanced 12 year old. It helps me to process it better sometimes. I don't know how I'm going to make it through her high school graduation. Maybe I'll pretend it's just a drill.


This entry was posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: