PEOPLE I LOVE WEEK

I love my cousins.
(sister Traci, brother Troy, me, cousin Melanie, cousin Courtney, cousin Nathan, cousin Lauren, and cousin Jameson)

Growing up, I spent a lot of time with my cousins, Melanie, Nathan, and Courtney. I got to hear lots from my older brother and sister about the “good ol’ days” when our parents and cousins' parents lived side by side in the big city of O-boro, and Melanie would lead the group in performing plays.

By the time my memory bank started working, we had moved away from them. My own good ol’ days with my cousins came when they moved 5 miles down the road, and we got to visit them all the time. I loved looking at Melanie’s extensive doll collection (so nice, it was kept in a glass case). Nathan taught me how to be a tomboy, ride a boy bike, play a game of HORSE, and how to get dirty and not really care (he had permanent dirt underneath his nails which drove my sister crazy). And Courtney had an entire Monchhichi collection and a playhouse outside with a kitchen set. She was also younger than me, so it was my first experience at getting to boss someone around.

My cousins, Jameson and Lauren, were the babies. Jameson was born when I was 13 and I spoiled him very badly. I read him books, learned all the ninja turtles names for him, and would help him put on his cowboy boots with his favorite camouflaged pants. I can’t believe he’s 20 now!

And little Lauren was a jumping bean that grew into an amazing flip-flop gymnast, and as a baby had the best laugh and biggest smile. Now that she’s 17, she looks at me like I’m weird a lot of times, but I know that she secretly enjoys my craziness because I learned mine from her mother. She’s an amazing girl and will be journeying off to college-land very soon.

I don't get to see my cousins very often anymore, but I am so thankful I had the honor of sharing growing up with them.

Note to other cousins: I also love my cousins on the Richards' side: Sheila, Leila, Kelly, Jimmy, Greg, Robby, and Tricia. I just didn't get a holiday pic w/ all of them. :)


This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: