I got a haircut on Saturday at 8:45 a.m. I had to go so early because this guy is a haircutting mastermind. He even had a fancy Italian name, because he's from Italy.

His comments (which I was told would be blunt) consisted of some of the following:

1) Gio: There is a new treatment that is much easier on the hair than the Japanese straighening. We call it the Brazilian--but not what you think.

2) Gio: What is with the ponytail?

3) Gio: You have beautiful red hair, which looks red all over, but actually underneath it is a plain mouse brown color. We cannot recreate this haircolor.

He cut my hair, and now I have a real haircut. It has layers and everything. But I have yet to have let it do its thing (which is to go curly wild). I could wind up looking like Little Orphan Annie, or worse, Ronald.

Having curly hair is a dangerous thing. Add red to that, and you could have a nightmare on your hands if it is not handled correctly. Look at Nicole Kidman. She got so freaked out by her hair, that now she's blond and completely straight.

I am attempting to keep it straight right now, but I don't know how much longer I can keep up this beauty charade. And what if I meet the man of my dreams and he likes it better straight? I'll spend the rest of my life straightening my hair! Bring on the Brazilian! (not what you think.)


This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Alyssa said...

    I've had straight hair all week too!

  1. ... on 9:11 PM