While trying to look at a study of Philippians during lunch, I overheard an interview going on in the lobby in which I lounged.

The following are actual questions asked to the interviewee (I made up the responses):

What are three strengths and three weaknesses about yourself?

Strengths: Cute, happy, and smell pleasant most of the time.
Weaknesses: I’m progressively later and later to work if I don’t like my job. My mind wanders when I should be working. I can never decide what to wear in the mornings, so sometimes my outfits look a little bit “invented.”

If you disagreed with your supervisor, how would you handle it?


If they wanted to me to do something illegal or lie, I’d say, “Tough Turkey, Supervisor!” and do what I thought was best.

If your life was summed up in a headline, what would it say?
HOLD ME CLOSER, TINY DANCER! (Or Tony Danza)

Is this lady for real? Is this how you find the perfect employee? What kind of answers was she trying to find? I started to laugh, but I tried to suppress it since I was holding the Bible in my lap. I thought it might be a bad witness.


This entry was posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    EmilyT said...

    hi Beth. You can find me at work tomorrow after 11. tHIS IS brooke's computer, and i SHOULD BE asleep right now. Anyway, I miss you. ads@ky-leadernews.com

  1. ... on 4:11 AM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    I MISS YOU, too!!
    I'll be home late Wed night, and then leaving Sat. afternoon. But I WILL see you. Our Thanksgiving Day should be pretty boring, so maybe that day we could at least meet at Wal-Mart. (sorry to the rest of the readers, but Em and I have trouble getting in touch w/ each other--we must be creative.)

  3. ... on 8:58 AM