I’ve been exploring other churches; not because I’m hopping out of my church, but because my responsibilities have lessened at church, so now I’m a free-agent again. And if I happen to let the wind blow me to another service because someone invited me, I can go feeling guilt and responsibility free.

Yesterday I went with T.Lo to check out a church he’s been a part of lately called Kaleo. I pass by the location all the time and never knew there was a church meeting there. They actually used to meet at the Marq-E theater, so this location is a bit new.

The church has about 50-75 people, they have free doughnuts, and the people were very nice. The pastor made me laugh and did a great job of teaching the word at the ripe age of 27. http://www.kaleohouston.com

In my visit with T.Lo, I kept trying to figure out what stage he’ s going through right now. He’s been through many ethnic stages with a focus predominantly on Indian and Asian cultures, but has sent me several pictures of himself in a turban. He explained to me that he doesn’t so much go through phases as much as he keeps adding on things. He says if he was to say he was in a stage, it would be the “reformed” stage. E.V.V. would be so happy. T.Lo and I made an observation that even though the church was small, there were a lot of single guys there. He asked how I thought the church could get more single women to attend.

Pretty crazy problem, huh? Of course after the service, I thought of several guys that I knew that would really like that church. Maybe it was because the pastor used illustrations about He-Man—if it was Barbie, would I have thought about women? Whatever the case, I might visit T.Lo at Kaleo again one day, and bring along a small, reformed, single-lady posse.


This entry was posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Silly T.Lo.... you get the single girls there by telling them that the single guys are there :)

  1. ... on 4:40 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Maybe I shouldn't have published that info until I found a boyfriend. Great! Now there's going to be competition. Did I say Kaleo? I meant Lakewood. Yeah, Lakewood...

  3. ... on 4:53 PM  
  4. erin vanv said...

    You're going to second next aren't you? I've figured out your purpose ;)

  5. ... on 10:52 PM  
  6. Epic said...

    aha! Interviewing me for Blogging material, eh?!? Now I know why you were asking me so many questions.

  7. ... on 9:36 PM  
  8. Ulovebeth said...

    I think you actually interviewed me, but I won't argue about it since I published info w/out getting your approval first.

  9. ... on 8:39 AM  
  10. Anonymous said...

    Just found this post - it popped up on my google alerts. Glad you enjoyed your time with us - you are always welcome to bring a posse of reformed-theology-loving single ladies. We're preaching through Song of Solomon starting Feb. 18 (calling it "Between the Sheets") - would love to have a room full of single folks. :)

    Thanks for the kind words! -Pastor Bill

  11. ... on 8:18 PM