I hadn’t seen a friend in a while, so he e-mailed me and asked if I wanted to get something to eat or hang out sometime soon to catch up. I wrote back that I was broke, so maybe we could meet at the YMCA.

So, then we have this phone conversation:

Him: “Hey, Beth. Do you work at the Y or something now?”
Me: “No.”
Him: “Why did you want to meet there?”
Me: “Well, I thought maybe we could turn over a new leaf and exercise or something instead of going out to eat. Like, we could be people who do that kind of thing.”
Him: “Yeah, right! So where do you want to eat?”

I suppose not all the advice that’s given in Fitness magazine is applicable in real life. But I’m still anxious to put the gift tag on my bathroom mirror that has “Flat Abs” as my gift to myself (advice in December 2006 issue).


This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: