I think I’m experiencing something called jetlag. During this time, I should not try to operate heavy machinery, drive for prolonged periods, or have cell phone access to avoid bizarre confessions to ex-boyfriends. I should also lose access to the remote control, because I watched another Lifetime movie last night. I wanted to spend time with friends at a birthday party, but was scared that “Sybil” might attend instead of myself.

I woke up at 2:00 a.m. last night, but my clock still says 3:00 because for some reason I refuse to fall back. I’m not ready yet. I’m waiting for the leaves to turn or at least for the temperature to change a bit. When I wake up and see that the clock says 3:00, my first reaction is a clenched fist and I hear myself in “Newman”-esque style say, “Dennis!!” Dennis told my other Kenya teamsters that we would probably be really tired around bedtime, and then wake up around 3:00 and not be able to sleep. I need him to give me a new prescription or at least a new time that I will wake up, because for some reason, my brain believed him and is acting out this behavior.

And I know that I haven’t shared much info about my trip yet. I talk to Sybil about it a lot, but she told me not to tell everything yet. That I need to rest first. Maybe Dennis has other prescriptions available for me, too.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    The Doctor said...

    So sorry about that! Would it be bad to tell you that I slept like a brick Monday night from 8pm until 5:50 am Tuesday? But, like I told you before, I don't sleep well on an airplane, so after 30 hours of travel (following a long day Sunday) with little sleep, it was all I could do to stay up until 8pm Monday night anyway.
    Look at it this way, your body usually adjusts one hour a day, so you should be back to normal next week by Wednesday!

  1. ... on 1:05 PM  
  2. Ulovebeth said...

    Yes, it's bad to tell me that. And from what I've read, you did the best thing by staying awake. I want to sleep like a brick, too.
    Terrific, just think of the damage I can do in a week during this state!! Dennis, I might need to go to a homeopathic doctor now; your medicine practice doesn't seem to suite me. Bring on the herbs and garlic!

  3. ... on 1:11 PM